Previous topic - Next topic

Are these usefull?

Yes
12 (85.7%)
No
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Tazero

February 05, 2009, 06:05:12 am Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 06:06:21 pm by Tazero
THERE IS A DEMO for CAVE and DOORS and RANDOM CHAT HERE > http://www.filedropper.com/realdemo <

This will be updated sooner or later
Realism in Stairs And now ladders

Okay one stairs noone wants to just fly up the stair and down the stairs
so I came up with this theory and code to help with this
#1) Make a common event
#2) Make a conditional branch checking if the character is facing up or down left or right(whichever direction the stairs are going.
#3) in the first slot (your direction) put set move route change speed 3
#4) second slot set move route change speed 4
#4) At the end of the stairs make sure to make an event that changes the speed to 4 again always!

Making locked Doors

Well games are no fun without this!
Having a house thats all closed and what not...Soo....It'll make a SE effect to show that the door's locked!
Need a script Pshaw....Well anyone knows you dont need a script...... well either way

#1) First make a common event called Locked door
#2) [completely optional] Make a key for the door using a switch
#3) So this would be as the action button setting
#4) When the person actually pushes the button (or tries to open the door) they fail
#5) Show text "The door is locked" or "The lock is broken" or "The door won't open"
#6) Play SE Door 001
Simple as that =D

More to come soon
EDIT: Soon is now
Update V1.01
V V V V
Cave making

Okay so everyone loves to make cave now don't we??
Well I decided to make the process a bit more simple in other words easier.
Heres what you do
Cave Tut. 1 Maze cave
To make a maze cave (Every gamer loves these!)
#1) First do not use any auto tiles on the first layer just put down the Floor tile
#2) On the 3rd layer put up the walls but be creative caves aren't Square
#3) On the second layer put down auto tiles
#4) Finish up with some event scenery (Make it appropiate to the area surrounding) for max effectiveness.
#5) Put some hidden Walls and treasure chest for fun...Optional =D

Thats the 5 step cave tut. All i ask for any of these is credit or at least partial.
Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Irockman1 on January 11, 2008, 05:13:00 pm
Maze-LikeCave Tutorial
This tutorial will teach you how to make a maze-like cave.

I made this a long time ago, so it isn't very good.

Required

• Rpg Maker XP

• Semi-skilled knowledge in mapping

Cave Floor
[spoiler]
First, put down the cave floor tile using the flood fill tool. Make sure this is on the 1st layer.

Entrance

Make an entrance to the cave. This will be using the cave wall tiles. Make sure this is on the 3rd layer.

Cave Walls

Put down the cave walls. Make it look nice and random. It's helpful to plan this out on a sheet of paper or in paint. Caves consist of random pathways leading to different places. Make sure this is on the 3rd layer.

Fill in the blanks

Fill in the areas that you shouldn't be able to walk on outside of the cave wall. Use the flood fill tool and make sure it's on the 3rd layer.

Auto Tiles

Next, put down cave auto tiles where they seem right. These make your cave look more realistic. Make sure they are on the first layer.

Objects
Now, lets place down objects around the cave. Make sure that they fit in.

If you're trying to make a taller object overlap a wall tile you'll end up with this..

It got rid of part of the wall! Don't worry, just go onto the second layer and replace the wall tile.

Light

Finally, place down any light tiles next to holes that lead into the day.

Gameplay

Here are the final results in gameplay.

Other example of this style

Random Chatting

#1) Make a common event and simply Make 1 different sentence or dialogue for the max variable number.
#2) For every extra value possibility you need the same amount of sentenes or dialogue options.

Class quiz

Summary: A quiz that will decide your class like in Kingdom heart

Quote from: NAMKCOR on February 17, 2009, 11:55:58 am
ask questions with show choice

use a variable and add to or subtract from it when they give certain answers

i.e.
What do you value more?
Strength (+1)
Magic (+0)
Stealth (-1)

at the end, check for a certain range of that variable

if it's say...
5-6 = fighter
3-4 = mage
1-2 = thief

it's your job to figure out the formula.  this is just a simple procedure

A more efficient way to this so it does not glitch...(Not give you a class at all) let's try this

What do you value more?
Strength (+1)
Wisdom (-1)
Stealth (+0)
5+ is Warrior
2-4 Mage
1=> - Thief

Credits

• Meta Knight

• Irockman1

• NAMKCOR

Final Notes--
This is a guide on how to make your game more realistic, It not meant or given that these systems will work.

N-joy!

If you were a fish...

Shadonking

February 05, 2009, 04:46:07 pm #1 Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 04:48:17 pm by Shadonking
the stairs one could be useful and was easy to under stand.

im sure people will find these helpful.  :)

but some times pictures speak louder then words, so dont forget to put some pictures up.

Creator Of Music And Games
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

G_G

Post some pictures for the cave I dont quite understand.

Tazero

If you were a fish...

Calintz

Starrodkirby86

With a little visual arrangement and niceties, this can look really nice and friendly to people. There are some interesting things here, mainly the stairs and such. It's like the things at the back of your head that you seem to forget, but now it's shone and remembered upon, you know?

It's great. I suppose. xD Though in the Cave Map, I wonder if you used the correct tiles, since those dark squares the wall occupies look pretty cut blank in-game.  :roll: Oh well, it's not like that's a noticeable error. :x

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Tazero

If you were a fish...

Starrodkirby86

On second research and a little bird telling me...A lot of these things aren't really being great, great. Rather than having pieces of bits from other people's tutorials, or rephrasing stuff, you should have purely original content. Of course, a lot of these are probably original content, but the Maze-Like Cave is quite unnecessary. I suggest you keep revamping this, but use less other people's things.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

G_G

The cave makes more sense now wiht pictures.

Calintz

...the cave does kinda look like you just used a similar style to Blizzard's reference in his Mapping Tutorial...

Tazero

@Calintz::I have not seen that yet.
@Game_guy::I added a picture oriented tut...Not made by me but more of the pictures to help.

If you were a fish...

Calintz

Oh, ok...
For the most part, this is good.

Calintz

...are you ever gonna clean up the header!!?? Lmao!!

Tazero

Which one the house one won't work dunno why.....

If you were a fish...

Calintz

I mean the look of the header...
You have all sorts of HTML errors strewed all over the place!!

RoseSkye

March 22, 2009, 11:39:04 pm #16 Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 11:40:05 pm by RoseSkye
:X Not bad.. however if you wish for more realism you might want to utilize more event commands

Such as:

Screen tone
BGS
Small animal events like rats and such.. with custom event routes.

Not to mention picking the right music to add ambiance to said cave.

Also, you really wouldn't want to put two of the same type of tileset next to each other.. it'll ruin the illusion.

Tazero

If you were a fish...