The Eternal Saga

Started by Kagutsuchi, April 24, 2009, 11:59:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kagutsuchi

April 24, 2009, 11:59:22 am Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:01:05 am by Kagutsuchi

Title: The Eternal Saga
Genre: Action-adventure, RPG

Story:
Spoiler: ShowHide
The Great War

5 Years prior to the game, a war broke out between the bordering countries, the Great Forest Kingdom of Hylia and the Holy Desert Empire of Ismail. There were huge amounts of casualties on both sides, and each side put all their resources into the war, leading to poverty and starvation in both countries.The country which first ran out of resources was the Holy Empire of Ismail, thus it lost the war, and the forces of the Great Kingdom of Hylia ravaged the land, taking what little they could find, leaving the country in ruins. Shortly after the war, the Great Forest Kingdom of Hylia was put under pressure from other bordering contries, and strange creatures started to appear from the dark corners of the Kingdom.

Characters

Name: Kouhei
Nationality: Hylia
Profession: Knight of the 7th Order, the Army of Hylia.
Bio: Kouhei is the protagonist of The Eternal Saga. Kouhei is arrogant and somewhat egoistic. However he would not let his friends down. Kouhei was born and raised on a farm in the outskirts of Nemui Village in Hylia. The village was burned down early in the war, but was rebuilt quickly afterwards. When Kouhei was 14 his parents was killed by a band of mercenaries hired by Ismail during the Great War between Hylia and Ismail. This is when he decided to join the army, to protect his friends, and to avenge his parents. He was one of the several thousand soldiers that was sieging Ismail's capital city.

Name: Yoroi
Profession: Knight of the 7th Order, the Army of Hylia.
Bio: Yoroi is a good friend of Kouhei from the army. They met for the first time during the 1 month sword training that all the recruits who joined the army during the war had, before they were sent out into the field. Yoroi may act carefree at times, but he treasures his friends more than anything else in the world. Yoroi was born and grew up in The Eternal City, the capital of Hylia, as the son of a famous blacksmith. Yoroi himself is very talented with the sword. During the training period, Yoroi tought Kouhei alot. Yoroi fought alongside Kouhei during the siege of Ismail's capital city.

Name: Kaiyou
Nationality Hylia
Profession: 1st Daughter of the King of Hylia
Bio: Kaiyou is the 2nd child of the Royal Family of Hylia, but she is the oldest of the children because the older brother died in the Great war. However, because she is a girl, her younger brother, Kaen, have become the heir to the throne. Like her younger brother, Kaiyou have a talent for magic. But, once again, because she is a girl, she have never recived any teachings like her little brother. Thought because  of her stubborn and hardworking personality she have managed to learn alot of magic, by praticing and reading books about magic which she found in the Royal Library and stole from Merlin.

Name: Kaen
Profession: 2nd Son of the King of Hylia and Apprentice Magician
Bio: Kaen acts like very selfish and rude, and often runs away from his guardians to play and practice his magic. However, actually he just wants to be recognized by others and especially his father, because he have always been compared to his big brother, who was considerated a genious. Kaen showed great talent for magic while he was very young, and because he was the 2nd son of the King, he didn't have to become King. So the King placed him under the care of a magician named Merlin. However, during the Great War, the 1st Son of the King was killed. Thus Kaen became the heir of the throne. Because of this, Kaen is no longer allowed to practice magic, or meet with Merlin. He is recieving training in good manners, because he is going to become the next King. Kaen is a friend of Kouhei. They met when the company Kouhei was in, saved Kaen's company during the war. Kaen was appointed to the position of High General by his father during the Great War when he was 10, so that he could get some battle experience, and to put him up against his big brother.

Name: Alulim
Profession: 1st Son of the King of Hylia and dead.
Bio: Alulim was considerated a genious, and he was very attractive and popular amongs the girls. Already at the age of 10 he was a far better swordsman than any of Hylia's Royal Elite Soldiers, and he had more skill and accuracy with the bow than any hunter or marksman in the kingdom. He could both read and write already when he was 11 years old. He was a strategic and tactical master mind, and appointed the position of High General in the Great War when he was 16. Alulim sacrificed his battalion during the battle for west coast of Ismail, allowing the army of Hylia to easily deploy their armies against Ismail's capital, which was a city not far from the west coast. This saved the armies of Hylia the long and deadly trip through the desert to get to Ismail's capital. However, this sacrifice costed him his own life.

Name: Nicholas Flamel
Profession: Hylia's top alchemist
Bio: Nicholas Flamel is not only the best alchemist in Hylia, but rumored to be the best alchemist in the world. During the war with Ismail, Kouhei rescued him after he had been captured by the enemies forces. During the war Nicholas was responsible for creating a deadly poison which was used to poison a large amount of Ismail's water supplies, giving Hylia a huge advantage as well as other deadly weapons.  Nicholas Flamel lives in the Mage Tower in the Eternal City, where he works day and night on god knows what, for the king of Hylia. He is the type of guy who likes to keep secrets, and who knows what the true intensions of his work are. His unusual hair color is because of all the strange chemicals he is exposed to.

More characters will be revealed later.

Gameplay:

This game uses Blizz-ABS, and I have taken alot of inspiration from The Legend of Zelda series, in terms of puzzles and dungeons/temples.

Screenshots:

Audio
The background music in this game is composed of standard rmxp sounds, as well as various anime and game original soundtracks. (Soundtrack list will be released later)

Audio preview:
This part contains a small taste of the soundtrack used in the game.
Title soundtrack
Boss Battle soundtrack

Custom scripts used:

• Blizz-ABS v2.8 by Blizzard and Winkio

• Auto-Targeting v1.11b for Blizz-ABS by Blizzard

• Title Screen Edit v1.10 by ParaDog

• Quick Weapon Switch for Blizz-ABS v1.11b by Blizzard

• Z-HUD for Blizz-ABS v1.02b by Blizzard

• Universal Message System v1.50 by Ccoa

• Tons of Addons v7.41b by Blizzard

• Zer0 Advanced Weather by ForeverZer0

• Modified Battle Damage calculation by Kagutsuchi

Custom Graphics:
http://fayforest.sakura.ne.jp/
And various sprites by DeathLock
Various tileset and sprites that I can't track the source of

Download:

Extra Notes:

(Currently place holder)
If you are stuck on a puzzle, please don't post about it here, send me a message about it instead. If you insist on posting it here, please put it in a spoiler. If I get alot of people asking about a specific puzzle, I am going to put it in a spoiler in the Help part below, and add some tags to it so that you can easily find it with ctrl + f. Please look there before asking.

Help:
This part is currently empty.

Aqua

Ooooh...
Likes like a nice Blizz-ABS game :)

Would you mind posting some (spoilered) screenshots?
It can't be moved into the Main Projects section without them :P

Kagutsuchi

April 24, 2009, 12:06:31 pm #2 Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 12:18:58 pm by Kagutsuchi
Ahh, I knew I had forgotten something :S
EDIT: Done

Aqua

April 24, 2009, 12:21:36 pm #3 Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 12:26:25 pm by Aqua
That artwork is by Ruraga.
http://fayforest.sakura.ne.jp/sozai/english.html

Edit:
I think you uploaded the wrong demo ^.^"

Kagutsuchi

April 24, 2009, 12:26:47 pm #4 Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 10:11:36 am by Kagutsuchi
Thanks ^^ I will update it now.
EDIT: Okey, now things should be fixed ^^
EDIT: I think you are right I am confused myself :S
EDIT: I think there is something wrong with Megaupload.. cause I tried to take the original file that I uploaded, and extract it, and it was the correct game file. Then I tried to upload it and download it again, and I got that game file.. I am using sendspace instead this time.
(I should have suspected that something was wrong.. when 70MB was uploaded in a little less than 3 seconds..)
Sendspace estimates that there is 30 minutes left till the file is uploaded.. so I guess I have to wait.
EDIT: Now it should work. It is called "The Eternal Saga - copy" cause I was in a hurry when uploading it.

G_G

I get a script is haning error afteer i view the cutscene.

King Munkey

And I got an RGSS Player has stopped working error <_<

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Kagutsuchi

April 24, 2009, 06:06:36 pm #7 Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 04:34:48 pm by Kagutsuchi
:S I am no scripter, but it works fine for me.. I will look into it and try to upload a new version.

EDIT: I am uploading an version with a save file after the cutscene.
EDIT2: If this version doesn't work either, I guess I will have to try uploading one uncompressed..
EDIT3: Added another character in the "Characters" part.

Kagutsuchi

May 08, 2009, 01:34:02 pm #8 Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 02:22:33 pm by Kagutsuchi
Double post:
I have posted some screenshots from areas that are going to be in demo v2 ^^ Enjoy
(And added another character in the character description, who will also be in demo v2)

Demo v2 also contains some bug fixes, and I made some bosses a bit easier, as well as the Wallet and bottle system. (To avoid health potion cake parties. See Yathzee's review of Fable 1 on youtube.)

(And no.. demo v2 is not ready yet.. Expect it somewhere around July/August)

Kagutsuchi

Okey, I have posted download link to demo 1.5!

I have done some tweeking to the early stages of the game, but due to lack of feedback, I haven't really been able to do much there..
Though I have added many more areas to the game world, and a new mini dungeon.

Some stones in the demo can be blown up using bombs, though you won't be able to go anywhere by blowing these stones out of the way, because I haven't created anything behind any of those stones yet.

FenrisHalo

June 26, 2009, 06:15:51 am #10 Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 06:20:08 am by FenrisHalo
Looks great, i'll download as soon as my laptop gets delivered   ;)

One note: don't make terrain as events, it shows up on the minimap :P

Edit: Okay, so the stones might be needed as events, but id try to cut down on them elsewhere ;D
<a href="http://plunkit.webs.com/">I have to admit, this looks sweet xD</a>

Kagutsuchi

Yes, atm they are just there to block your path. You can blow them out of the way with bombs when you get that, but it won't get you anywhere :P At least not yet.

(btw, lol at your sig)

Magus

..the download is no longer available...
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Nawm on March 04, 2010, 03:09:45 pm
..the download is no longer available...

Necropost, necropost. Does whatever a necropost does.

Magus

Hi. Could you add a new download link? I wouldn't mind trying this out - but eh, your old one has expired
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Shining Riku

If it isn't too much to ask could you renew the download link? The file's gone D8

Kagutsuchi

January 03, 2011, 05:55:41 pm #16 Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 07:49:39 pm by Kagutsuchi
I'm reviving this again, though I am gonna redo everything with newer versions of blizz abs and such. Expecting to have some sort of alpha ready in around 3 months to half a year. (Depending on if the issues I am experiencing with blizz abs' item drops are fixed or not)

The Niche

Well, this looks like it ought to be amazing. My laptop is dead so I really have nothing better to do. Would you like a spriter?
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Kagutsuchi

February 07, 2011, 04:04:50 pm #18 Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 04:08:32 pm by Kagutsuchi
=O That would be awesome!
Long list of what I need:

Well, my biggest problem is getting the blizz abs sprites, like attack sprites etc. And of course a few custom sprites I would like to have made. I would really like to use as many as possible of blizz abs functions to their full potential, like fully utilizing the sprite system etc.

(I am hoping to have a demo / alpha with ca. 1 hour playtime ready within the next 2-3 weeks)

The Niche

Well, the one thing in this world that's more powerful than a bored Niche is the fruits of said apocalypse. Speaking of which, I've gotta finish the babs templates  :roll:
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!