RPG Maker XP/VX Encrypter

Started by Zeriab, December 30, 2009, 05:21:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeriab

Here is a little tool I made for those who want their compressed archive without having to go through the installer RPG Maker XP/VX makes.
Considering how long time the compression takes there is also some time to save if your project is big size wise. (Why do such a compression when you gain so little? Unencrypted contents you do gain something though)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?52t3nyyooyt

I can tell you that RPG Maker XP failed to create an installer for a 228 MB big project. So if your project is big enough you may have to use this tool. I have successfully made a 174 MB .rgssad which seemingly ran perfectly fine. It was a crafted example though.
I haven't tested to see whether RPG Maker VX has the same issue or not.

Quote from: ReadMeCopy the RPG Maker Encrypter.jar over to your project at the same place as Game.exe
Run RPG Maker Encrypter.jar.

Note that no dialog is visible while it works.
It will tell you when it finishes.

I have encrypted 174 MB in less than a minute, so it shouldn't take too long. (Only the Data and Graphic folder will be encrypted)

P.s. I have been lazy with the GUI, it does disappear while the encryption is taking place.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

I /hated/ the default installer for RPG Maker XP.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Oh wait, I don't have any projects right now. :V:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Zeriab

Laziness <3 (As long as there is not too much of it.)

@Star:
Well then, you have to start a project then.
This encrypter is the bestest reason for starting a project :V

G_G

5 Stars for file size. :)
Seemed to work great for a test run. Perfectly encrypted it. One question, does it prevent those RMXP Game Decrypters from working?
If so then another 5 stars. If not still another 5 stars. xD

Anyways nice job Zeriab!

Zeriab

It should not.
I may encrypt the files in a different order, but other than that it should encrypt the files the same way.
Thanks for the stars :D

There is no need for a monster application for this sort of thing. ^_^

Zeriab

Bumping up this topic to tell that anyone who wants can look at the source here: http://paste-bin.com/view/0c9e5733

*hugs*

Ericmor

Thank you, Zeriab!  :D
My project was stopped (it has several hundered megas of animations) because of lack of encryption, but this tool will hopefully solve this problem.
You are the man!

WhiteRose

Quote from: Ericmor on July 19, 2010, 07:00:18 pm
Thank you, Zeriab!  :D
My project was stopped (it has several hundered megas of animations) because of lack of encryption, but this tool will hopefully solve this problem.
You are the man!

Umm... what? I don't think encryption (or lack thereof) would do that to a project. You probably have a different issue. If you post a request, someone should be able to help you get that sorted out.

G_G

Nope its not a project issue. Too big project size and rmxp will not encrypt it.

WhiteRose

Quote from: game_guy on July 19, 2010, 08:33:31 pm
Nope its not a project issue. Too big project size and rmxp will not encrypt it.

Ah, alright. Sorry, my mistake; I didn't know that. I'll make note of it for future reference.

G_G

Zeriab

I am happy it helped you with your project :D