[VX]Nature's Call - Gaia's Creation

Started by Delyemerald2, July 04, 2010, 05:47:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Delyemerald2

July 04, 2010, 05:47:04 am Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:33:56 pm by Delyemerald2
Nature's Call
Gaia's Creation

Made in RMVX

Story
About 5000 years ago... a sorcerer, accompanied by some ghosts, created an artifact...
an artifact... said to grant wishes... to change nature...
it was a chart... the Chart of Nature...

Some rogues from the Dark Abyss, the most secure jail of all, escaped. They were after the Chart. 5000 long years, they have been searching. They died, and they born. Until this very moment.
One of them has found the Final Ark, the last rest place of the Chart...
This one person, can change nature in his (or her) advantage...

Sora, an inhabitant of a small and poor town, always wanted to be a fighter. One day, the Critic Fists Clan (a clan for grapplers. These and the others fight in the war) settles at this town, to protect it. Sora joins in, and meets Talon, a grappler. Together they get the task to retrieve the Sand Crystal, which has been stolen by a thief. Afterwards, they soon find out there's something big going on in the world. They abandon their guild, in order to find out what is happening. From then on... Every step brings them closer to the most dangerous outlaw of their time...

Characters
Spoiler: ShowHide

Sora
Starting Class: Grappler
Biography: This young boy moved to a small and poor town. Nobody knows his past, or has ever seen him before in other towns or cities.
It is not even clear why he ever moved to this town. He may look not that dangerous, but once he is warmed-up, he can break a brick, with just a soft punch. But, will this be enough for him to be able to find the thief?

Talon
Starting Class: Grappler
Biography: One of the Critic Fists Clan. He is send on a mission, together with Sora, to retrieve the Sand Crystal. On their journey, he will need to act as Sora's mentor, giving him information about certain things. However, he ends up lower then Sora, as Sora knows more about their environment. He finds himself a great fighter, although he is easily knocked down, if he doesn't watch out.

Luna
Strating Class: Archer
Biography: An inhabitant of Cerverk. She is very shy, and doesn't really like being close to monsters, but she is also very skilled with a bow. Once combined with another class, nobody is able to stop her. She also has a crush on Talon, and he knows it himself, but pretends he doesn't.

The rest of the cast? You have to find out yourself by playing the game...

Screens

A screen of the map where you start. Just to show how indoor maps look like.

Once Cerverk has an Inn, you can change battle themes.

Underwater... But how do they breath?

Downloads

Features
Skill Learning System - Fight enemies, earn Job Points, and use them to learn new skills.
Class Changing System - The ability to change jobs when you unlock them. Every job has at least 3 unique skills to use.
Sideview ATB Battlesystem - The name already explains enough xD
Subclasses - A second class. Believe me, a lot of combinations are possible 0.0
Item Forging - By buying recipes and having the right materials, you can create items on one single location as of now. (This is going to be more, but you don't find any big armories after that one :S)
Extra Skill Functions - Things like Exp. Rate modifier, JP rate modifier, and other things (not much know of this feature because I'm not sure if this one is going to stay.)
Lightening System - Green, red, blue and white.
And more...

Credits
KCG for many scripts
Yanfly for many scripts
Enterbrain for the RMVX
Zylos for some ideas for puzzles
 in Tullus, Temple of the Gaia

BulletXt for the Thomas Edison script
Synthesize for the HP/MP regenerate script
Nechigawara Sanzenin for the Skill Shop script
Bulp, Gun, Nightwalker and Aplhawelph for their add-ons
Enu for his SBS Kaduki
Kylock, Mr. Bubble and Shu for their translation
Contributors and Special Credits from that script:
Shu, Moonlight, NightWalker, Enelvon, Atoa, AlphaWhelp, blackmorning, Mithran, Kaduki, Enu
Kaduki for the graphics

Sase

First of all, the topic was pretty neat and good to read, kudos for that.

Next, I prefer artifact written with an i, but well, that's your call.
The beginning setting (poor small town) sounds a little cliché, but that's okay since it doesn't really affect the main plot.

What is the sand crystal? What does it do? Is this explained in the game? If it is, good. If it ain't you should come up with a meaning for it, and how much effort is it worth to save it (ie. how far are the heroes ready to go in order to keep on searching for it). Also what disturbed me, is that they left in order to save the Sand crystal but later on you said they are tracking down the Chart thief. Are they one and same person? Is the sand crystal the chart?

The age of the characters is disturbingly young. I can live with 16-20 year old heroes, but 13? I strongly suggest you make them a little older. The name of the main character also reminds me of a japanese anime girl, not a guy who can break bricks with little effort.

Without screenshots it's hard to say what the game will be like, but once you put up some screenshots I'll be able to judge that too (: D). The only thing that hinted me this was RMVX game was the fact you thanked Enterbrain for making it. I might be wrong though, you could be a die-hard RMVX fan who decides to use RMXP, but oh well.

Also the scripts: "Skill learning system", "Classes and subclasses", "extra skill functions". This doesn't tell me much; what kind of skill learning system? It could be pretty much anything. Classes and subclasses, give some examples so we get at least a little picture what they're like. Same for the extra skill functions.

The fact  you have credits at the end of your post is weird because we haven't actually seen anything from the game yet. Unless they did something on the storyline, you should reserve until you have a demo or at least some screenshots showcasing the scripts.

Good luck with your project.

Delyemerald2

Thanks for your comment about the topic.

Second, I write artefact with an e because I'm Dutch, and I follow the red lines of Mozilla Firefox when I spelled something wrong. Also, the town has a small importance far further in the story.

The Sand Crystal, as explained in the game, is a crystal that keeps the oasis and the Palmtree Woods (grown by the power of the Earth Entity) alive. When it is removed, the oasis dries up. The Palmtree Woods will also dry up, and the woods are the only thing that keeps the town up. (The Critic Fists Clan also wants to change that.) The Earth Entity that I mentioned earlier is the real one who keeps the oasis alive. She's trapped due use of a Judgement Crystal (a crystal that can trap something in a crystal, or undo it) by someone.

As of the age, if this game is good (when it's finished), I will maybe make sequels. In those sequels, the main characters are slowly getting older. And the name... When I post the demo, you got to find out yourself ;)

Also forgot to mention this game is made in rmvx  :wacko:

For the scripts, I will change it.

Last, that of the credits... A stupid bug is irritating me -.-
Can't take screen shots or post a demo at this moment...

SBR*

July 04, 2010, 01:06:44 pm #3 Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 01:11:20 pm by SBR*
Sase, you're kinda exaggerating there:

1) You're almost asking the whole storyline there...
2) They might get older in the game?
3) He's giving credit for the game, not for the content shown...

Oh, and it's really hard to come up with something non-cliche... Woods? Already done. City? Already done. And things like the Airport might not fit in the game...

OT: I like the idea :D.

P.S. Firefox is so 90's: Opera is THE browser now.

EDIT: Hey, I'm Dutch too :D.

Sase

1) I'm asking where does the story get logical. First off they were sent to look for a crystal, then they are "step by step getting closer to the thief of the chart".
2) They hardly ever do, and still the fact the game story starts off like that, I don't expect them to run after a thief for 5 years until they are older.
3) It's kinda weird giving credit for some scripts that we don't know are used without him thanking for them. I could expect it if there were screenshots showcasing the scripts or better than that; a demo.

But seriously, the main character starts off from a small town? Exaggerating? If you think like that, it's your own loss. The fact I'm pointing out an obvious cliché doesn't mean I'm crying about every single setting in the game, like your example gives out. But hey, I'm looking forward to playing your game with no woods or cities.

You spent more time on criticising me than the project, shouldn't you divert the time you spent writing comments to me to writing comments about the topic. 5 lines of text to me and one sentence about the game, I think it deserves a bit more attention in it's own topic.

SBR*

1) That's the magical thing of not telling everything: "Huh? But... how? I GOTTA FIND OUT NOW!"
2) Hmm, you're right about that, but this makes me think of FFCC: RoF. He gets older there too...
3) Yes, he could've told which scripts he used, but he just wants to directly say the credits, so he doesn't have to change it later on.

I'm not saying that there should be no woods and cities. No, not at all! I was talking about starting towns.

I can't criticize something where the full storyline isn't known yet. It's all still one big mystery; we'll have to see how it turns out.

Sase

July 04, 2010, 01:34:54 pm #6 Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 01:36:16 pm by Sase
QuoteThat's the magical thing of not telling everything: "Huh? But... how? I GOTTA FIND OUT NOW!"

It seems to be impossible for me to explain you to understand, so read it yourself:

QuoteTogether they get the task to retrieve the Sand Crystal, which has been stolen by a thief. But the mission continues... Every step they make, brings them one step closer to the thief of the Chart

They get the task to retrieve the Sand Crystal.
They go chasing the Sand Crystal thief.
Eventually they get closer to the thief of the Chart.

There is one thing that was illogical there when I read it the first time. Hint: It's on bold.

If there was something giving us more hint that the story extends a lot further than just retrieving a crystal, it would be/would have been more logical to me.

SBR*

Their first mission is to retrieve the Sand Crystal, but they find clues of the thief of the chart too?

Sase

"Together they get the task to retrieve the Sand Crystal, which has been stolen by a thief. But the mission continues..."

They get the task to retrieve the crystal. The mission continues

It could be fixed by a simple change of words (instead of continues, add extends or something similar). The way he wrote it was that the mission they were first sent to continues. Changing it to something that tells us that the mission is only a small part of the journey would make it a lot logical.

If you reply to this, I won't say anything back anymore. This is enough useless explaining in this topic. If you still care enough to continue the debate, hit me on msn.

Delyemerald2

I will tell how the story begins. (At least, some extra details. Not that much that I spoil.)
Sora and Talon find the thief of the crystal. They return the crystal to the oasis, and Talon is able to free the Entity. Then you have something not important, they go to another place (again, you need to play the demo (which, again, is still not here ATM due to a irritating bug) to find out more), then another thing happens (first real boss), and then the first things about the Chart are told.

Sase

Thanks, that clears it up quite a bit : )

What kind of bug is it? Unless (and even if) you caused it, it might help asking here since this place is full of RPG Maker nerds.

SBR*

I read it really quickly; it seems you're right, Sase :D. I added you anyway. You should've said that the adventure continues, not the mission, Dely.

Ninja'd by Sase...

Delyemerald2

July 04, 2010, 01:57:39 pm #12 Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 01:59:20 pm by Delyemerald2
 :^_^': My bad.

As of the bug, weird enough there's a problem with the gain_item function of the Game_Actor script. Already tried to remove scripts with the same function, but I keep getting the same error.

Here's a link to the topic I've posted on the RRR forums:
Error Thread

EDIT:
Btw, the mission partly continues because the Earth Entity, and some other Entities, have something to do with the chart. ;)

SBR*

Hmmm, what is the code you use to call the method?

Delyemerald2

Just the basic game_actor script, included in the RTP.

SBR*

Look for
def gain_item
in Game_Actor and post the whole method.

Delyemerald2

Uh... It... Isn't defined...
I've also tried delete-copy-paste from another project, but it doesn't work...

SBR*

July 04, 2010, 02:09:58 pm #17 Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 02:12:57 pm by SBR*
It isn't defined? WHAT?! Copy the method from another project!

EDIT: In my project neither, hang on.

Delyemerald2

As I mentioned earlier, doesn't work.

SBR*