Author Topic: Adding face graphic over a basic sideview battle overlay... (I'm new btw)  (Read 2245 times)

Offline littletomdj

• Trained Member
  • LV: 4
    • View Profile
I downloaded a script for a side view battle system.

& I got it from Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WNytXPQVkM
which I thought would be useful to include because it shows you what my battle screen looks like... I imagine you might recognise it? (download's in the description if you wan't to take a look.

What I'm hoping to do is...
 When the character's turn is active it will display a face graphic of that character somewhere on the screen, (e.g. on the far right or at the bottom)
i.e so if "character A" is selected it will display "battler graphic A" on the screen
iand if "character C" is selected it will display "battler graphic C" on the screen
(the corresponding graphic - by title)

I've scanned through the tutorial about "spites & graphics" found here
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,9428.0.html
I think that is pointing in the right direction...?
But I have no idea what I'm doing with script, beyond cut & paste and changing the odd variable.

I'm very new to this!! p.s. I'm using RMXP 1.02

So basically when that character is selected I want his face graphic will pop up too...

(I hope that makes sense)
... pretty sure I posted in the right place this time.
A tutorial would be amazing or if you can just edit the script & post it because that might be easier for you, just as good (maybe better?).

The following emoticons apply to this request...  :'( :O.o: :roll: :wacko: :???: :o & especially  :facepalm:

Thanks..  :)

Have I broken any forum rules?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 01:43:05 PM by littletomdj »

Offline MarkHest

• Video Game Music Composer
  • Astral Trancist
  • LV: 16
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
you can do this by events, though you have to re-write the skills...maybe you are taking about cut ins, where the character face or battler image shows before he or she attacks :)

Making a face picture appear on a charakters turn in battle isn't doable with events. At least as far as i know..
How would you make the event recognise which charakters turn it is?
Even if it was doable with events it would be a chore becous then you would have to put a parallel process into every troop you make.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 03:12:57 AM by MarkHest »

Offline littletomdj

• Trained Member
  • LV: 4
    • View Profile
you can do this by events, though you have to re-write the skills...maybe you are taking about cut ins, where the character face or battler image shows before he or she attacks :)

Yeah I am talking about cut ins, where the character face or battler image shows before he or she attacks!!

My understanding of how this might work is fuzzy at best. I think what I'm hoping for is for someone to take a look at the script and point out where the "display picture code" should go. Ofcourse I don't actually know what how to write code so this is very borderline script request but at the same time I need to know what's going on.

Here's the sideview battle script & a silly picture which illustrates almost perfectly what I'm getting at... just incase it isn't clear....

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 01:08:19 PM by littletomdj »