Zexion's Small resource Request Center :P

Started by Zexion, June 30, 2012, 07:48:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

Like the title implies, you may request small resources here. I will tell you whether i can do them or not :P.

Small resources include:

• A charset

• A recolor

• An object ex: a tree or vase

• A title screen

Landith

Spoiler: ShowHide

I have a challenge for you ;D
If you're up to it make this into a charset where the rat is about the size of an RTP pig. Only skinnier and not pig like :P

P.S. I did not make that concept design, I found it on google I'm just using it as a base for the swamp rat.

Surprisingly there aren't any Giant Rat sprites out for RMXP that I know of.

Zexion

Before I get any further how is this.

What would you like changed/cleaned/recolored?

Landith

His tail should be slightly skinnier but I like it so far :D

Zexion

Just so you know, I haven't gotten to a computer for the past 2 days, so I didn't work on it. I am home now though, and I've started again. Re-did the front and finished the first walking animation.

Front view: ShowHide

Landith

fjshrr5

Zexion, are you willing to sprite a main character for my game for me?

I'll be using the Blizz abs. and would like to have the sprite of the character work with the ABS, wep animations/etc.

I have pictures of how I want the sprite to look, I'll gladly pay you for doing this, just name the price.

PhoenixFire

Normally I would point out that this thread has been I active for three years, however, it is still stickied.. And Zexion is still active...

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

fjshrr5

I honestly did not even notice how old it was, I'm sorry. It seems a lot of the rpg maker xp sites/forums have been ghost lands :(

PhoenixFire

No worries! We're very much still alive and kicking here haha.. Zexion is still active, though I do not know if he accepts requests. I would say give hum a day or two, or possibly even someone else might reply to you if he doesn't.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

KK20

Zexion is kind of on a hiatus at the moment as, last time I've heard, he doesn't have access to a reliable computer (laptop charger died). Hell, I can't even contact him at the moment--why does he ignore my messages :|

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

PhoenixFire

Not sure if it's a reliable indicator that he's back, but I was basing my answer off his profile saying he logged in yesterday =P

Sylphe

fjshhr5 good I was waiting someone that didn't see the age of this thread and comment to make it revive  8)

So my resquest is simple I want to know how to easily do an aura like the red thing with this charac :

or make it for me with my charac if it is not so simple to explain :S

blindly follow his heart can lead to the loss

Sylphe, descendant of Zoldik Family.
Quote from: TedBearTRY KEEP UP

Zexion

Really easy to do.

1. Spacing -
Create some blank space between the sprites depending on how big you want the aura to appear. For my example, I used 3 px spacing.  This gives us a 3px aura for every sprite. You do this to prevent any visual bugs that come from adding extra pixels on the charset. In the example provided, you might notice some ugliness on the top and bottom of the sprites as they are walking.
So, you go from this:

To this:

2. Aura -
This part assumes you know how to use either photoshop or gimp relatively well.

Create a new layer.
Go back to the old layer, and select all the sprites. (Ctrl-A) + Wand tool to un-select blank space
Go back to the new layer and fill it with the color you want.
You should end up with this:

Gaussian blur. Personally I would use the px of space from earlier as a starting radius.
Move the layer behind the original layer.
For a more intense glow from the inside out, copy and paste the layer and blur it again. Mess around with these 2 functions until you get your aura.

Note: You may want to add more or less space if you want to remove the aura from the feet (so it appears that they are touching the ground).
Estimated time per charset is about 2-5 minutes. Depends how fast you space it out lol

Sylphe

:D Good thank you ! I'm at gran pas for 2 days I will try to make that this way with paint.NET :3 !

Zexion

Also, just to be clear. I don't mind doing a few character sets or general graphics for free. However, if we're talking like 5+ sets at once, plus tiles, then yeah... I'd need to consider a payment lol. Otherwise, if your asking for general stuff like furniture, plants, etc. It's not really a big deal.

Sylphe

Yahou !! I didn't get the blank space thing but I did an aura ! *o* thank  you verymuch !  I show you the result :

pretty cool uh ?  8)         xD

Zexion

nicely done xD
That blank space thing is just to prevent pixels from overlapping on the border of the characters. It shouldn't be too noticeable even if it happens, but it's just incase xD

Sylphe

:3
It is me again Zex  :ninja: , I was wondering if you make/modify some faces pic ?
If so, what software do you use ? Photoshop always or maybe something like face maker ?
(yeah I intend to create/modify some faces for my chars *o*)

Zexion

For faces i tend to use vxa's face generator, but I can also draw them if I need to. What did you have in mind?

whitespirits

Hey Zexion! Long time no see! so glad your still on ur request posts :) im build in MMO using eclipse engine. Would you be interested in helping me with the odd bits here an there?

Sylphe

oh vxa ok that's clever  :3 well I already did something for the charac I showed you :

(you'll notice a small effect I made on the right of its right eye)
but that's all ^^'
I want to make him smile and frown and be sad or joke :3
then I will test vxa's face maker you said, to make some other faces *o*