Author Topic: over a year of gameplay  (Read 1859 times)

Offline phillip1756

• Transcended Spirit
  • LV: -11
    • View Profile
over a year of gameplay
« on: May 06, 2013, 12:15:53 AM »
would you play a game where the gameplay lasted say, 438 days?

Offline winkio

• Epiq
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • LV: 199
  • I am lying.
    • View Profile
Re: over a year of gameplay
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 12:53:28 AM »
yes, if it was interesting.  As it is, developers have problems keeping things interesting for over 60-100 hours, so I don't see how they will be able to make a year's worth of gameplay any time soon.

Offline Zexion

• Addicted to LoL
  • Chaos User
  • LV: 69
  • My anaconda don't...jk it does
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 12:54:15 AM »
Well you could take a series and just mash it all together lol

Offline phillip1756

• Transcended Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 08:40:32 AM »
yes, if it was interesting.  As it is, developers have problems keeping things interesting for over 60-100 hours, so I don't see how they will be able to make a year's worth of gameplay any time soon.
say for example its kind of like a open world modern life sim/rpg where you start from like 7 years old and can live to a max of like 80 depending on how you lived your life.

Offline Seltzer Cole

• Awakened Visionist
  • LV: 8
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 08:43:48 AM »
say for example its kind of like a open world modern life sim/rpg where you start from like 7 years old and can live to a max of like 80 depending on how you lived your life.

I have thought of that idea myself, you would have to incorporate a lot of different elements into the game to make it interesting enough for someone to even want to play it for that extreme of a time. Like a lot of things to fill your time in the game so it stayed interesting and rewarding enough to keep you hooked and playing. I like the idea of a sim/rpg.
You know you play video games to much when you put sunglasses on and whisper "Plus 10 Appearance"

If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0

Offline phillip1756

• Transcended Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 08:54:29 AM »

I have thought of that idea myself, you would have to incorporate a lot of different elements into the game to make it interesting enough for someone to even want to play it for that extreme of a time. Like a lot of things to fill your time in the game so it stayed interesting and rewarding enough to keep you hooked and playing. I like the idea of a sim/rpg.
kind of like a mix of the sims, harvest moon, and GTA, with some rpg elements.

Offline Seltzer Cole

• Awakened Visionist
  • LV: 8
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 08:56:43 AM »

kind of like a mix of the sims, harvest moon, and GTA, with some rpg elements.

I have heard of rpg harvest moon and considering harvest moon is in a small way simish, idk how you would throw GTA in the mix lmao. GTA as in vehicles and crime, as in modern times? So you are talking about a kid living his life...on a farm...sim style...whilst having a car and heading to the city to cause crime with his street gang. lol i demand a plot!
You know you play video games to much when you put sunglasses on and whisper "Plus 10 Appearance"

If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0