Author Topic: Dynamic Lighting  (Read 1441 times)

Offline AliveDrive

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 17
  • Nyah!
    • View Profile
Dynamic Lighting
« on: January 19, 2014, 10:25:46 PM »
So I was looking at the script on this page and I think it will be handy for the firefly event that I've made.

Here is my problem, since they are always called by switches or self-switches (Day/Night cycle using CCTS), they don't light up.

Take the switches off and it reads that page first calling the lighiting.

Here is an excerpt from that page:

"I still need to:

(1) Make it so only the light's that are visible update
(2) Make it so you can create the player as a light source
(3) Make it so if you set the light source on a separate page (as in called by a switch or something) will activate the light. (thank you to kevin.ds for pointing this issue out)"

So yeah number 3 is the only issue I can't work with. I read that F0 helped him and I was curious if any of you know whether or not something like this can be done.
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Offline Heretic86

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 33
    • View Profile
Re: Dynamic Lighting
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 01:14:50 AM »
There are some cool effects coming out of this script, but it does need a few upgrades, just as you mentioned.

Visible updates are a good idea.  Theyre the foundation of many Anti Lag scripts.  It also shouldnt update if erased.

Yeah, player needs to be able to be a light source.

Pages is even better.  I know its possible cuz I just did it in my Animation Speed script.  Other things I dont like about the script is you cant change properties on the fly.  Once they're in the comment name, its stuck that way.  More effective to make it a @light_property read from the comment, then allow that property to be changed by $game_player / $game_map.events[ev_id].light property.  Lets contact the author and see what we can do.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Offline AliveDrive

• Astral Trancist
  • Nyah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 04:24:25 AM »
Oh nice work, I see you posted on the other forum already.

I've been going through your Art & Scripts collection, does your cave lighting feature work in the same way?

I enjoy being able to change the lights color, as in the screenshot.

(click to show/hide)
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Offline Heretic86

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 05:15:37 AM »
Cave Lighting I did with a Parallel Event and two pictures.  The pic with the Smaller Light just fades in and out.  I think I like this effect better, but would be more useful if the author had included a "Subtractive Light" that ran well.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Offline AliveDrive

• Astral Trancist
  • Nyah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 05:17:10 AM »
I have seen other scripts that accomplish the same, but the colors are important to me.

I plan on using them as in the example.

Know any method that would allow that to happen?