Public RMXOS

Started by whitespirits, February 02, 2014, 01:13:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whitespirits

February 02, 2014, 01:13:55 pm Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:42:01 pm by whitespirits
Hi guys so few years ago i was able to set servers up and since then have gotten abit rusty! So i remeber using DYNDNS were i could use my ip address under a domain example rmxosgame.dyndns.com, since I have checked the site and now it is all paid! so i thought i would use my ip address without the use of dns, but then the server wont start and how am i able to login when the ip address is not local?

Spoiler: ShowHide
NAME = 'game'
HOST = '192.168.1.22' just gives error
PORT = 54269
GAME_VERSION = 1.0

DEBUG_MODE = false
LOG_MESSAGES = false
LOG_ERRORS = true
LOG_ACTIONS = true

MAXIMUM_CONNECTIONS = 50
LOGIN_TIMEOUT = 120
AUTO_RESTART = true
RESTART_TIME = 5
USE_IP_BANNING = true
RUBY_PROMPT = false
EXTENDED_THREADING = true
OPTIMIZE_DATABASE_ON_STARTUP = false

SQL_HOSTNAME = '127.0.0.1'
SQL_USERNAME = 'root'
SQL_PASSWORD = 'mypassword i set'
SQL_DATABASE = 'rmxosdb'

INBOX_SIZE = 20

EXTENSIONS = ["MOTD", "UserLogger", "blizz abs", "global switches", "global ates"
]

I may have fixed this!

WhiteRose

I'm glad you got it figured out! In most things that require a public IP, what you really need is your public IP address, not your internal network address. Anything that starts with 192.168 is usually an internal IP. You can find your public IP on websites like whatismyip.com. If you're using a router, you'll need to set up port forwarding as well. The way that you do that is different depending on the router, but it's usually pretty simple.

Anyway, I know you figured it out, but I figured I'd give some pointers in case someone else comes into this thread with the same problem later. :)