Ryex is Open for Commissions

Started by Ryex, October 05, 2015, 05:52:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

October 05, 2015, 05:52:27 am Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:54:57 am by Ryex
Put simply I have free time and I need money to pay rent with. If you have anything programming or computer related that needs doing I'm your man.

PM me or post here if you have a job request. Rates are negotiable to a point but don't expect to get several hours worth of work for 10 bucks.

I'm open to tasks of most any size but larger tasks may be broken down to be commissioned in segments. all work will be of good quality and documented so that someone else could work with it if I'm not available.

No language or tech it really outside my comfort zone but Here is a list of languages and techs I've worked with in the past.

Languages:
C
C++
C#
VisualBasic
Java
Ruby
Python
Perl
Lua
JavaScript/Node/IO.js
ActionScript
Lisp
PHP

Tech:
Markup: HTML, CSS Web Development
Data: JSON, YAML, CSV, binary formats galore
Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, SQLLite,  etc.
Client Server architecture useing TCP, UDP, Websocket
Desktop GUI and CLI programmers for Windows, OSX, and Linux
Embedding Scripting languages in a lower lever language application
Graphics
Sound
Graphing
Webapps
+More

Contact me:

PM here on Chaos Project:

Skype: ryexander (less reliable, if you add me please sate why in the request),

or Email me: Ryexander (at) gmail.com

If you know someone looking for a programmer to omission please send them my way.

now to get back to filling out job applications.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Chaze007

October 06, 2015, 09:52:22 pm #1 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:01:38 pm by Chaze007
Well, realistically, what would you like to be paid? I may be looking for someone but I also have a full time job with bills. :P I would like to further discuss it with you over a possible chat, but all I use to keep in touch is Steam. Feel free to add me via Chaze007, may be under Chaze. MY avatar is a bunch of little furry Meepo. Meepos?..Meepi?..you get the picture.
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Ryex

October 07, 2015, 04:51:40 am #2 Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 06:42:04 am by Ryex
Realistically I know that people here can't pay true rates (as in upwards of 20 an hour) in fact hourly rates would probably be greatly to everyone disadvantage here. My basic formula for an opening price will be to estimate roughly 7 an hour for how long I think it will take and make that a fixed price on completion. Then people can negotiate down from there.

tl;dr send me the details and I'll get an estimate to you for how long I think it will take.

(Note: that my estimate will likely be wildly off in your favor, estimating project completion time is a hard artform)
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

Quote from: Ryex on October 07, 2015, 04:51:40 am(Note: that my estimate will likely be wildly off in your favor, estimating project completion time is a hard artform)

True dat.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Chaze007

We can discuss it once my project gets further into the stages where I'll actually need scripting. I'm still on the fence on what to do exactly because I plan to move towards RMMV when it releases.
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!