Author Topic: [XP] Heretic's Unlimited Event Page Conditions  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Heretic86

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 33
    • View Profile
[XP] Heretic's Unlimited Event Page Conditions
« on: August 10, 2016, 03:03:07 AM »
Heretic's Unlimited Event Page Conditions
Authors: Heretic
Version: 1.0
Type: Event Add-on
Key Term: Misc Add-on

Introduction

Event Page Conditions in RPG Maker XP are quite limited.  They only allow you to pick from 2 Game Swithces, check if a Variable is equal to or greater than a specified value, or a single Self Switch.  This script throws that ALL out the front door and allows you to create Unlimited Page Conditions by using Scripts to be a Condition!  Thus, literally anything that can be evaluated in a Script can be a Page Condition!

Most things can be achieved by using a Parallel Event, then checking a Conditional Branch -> Script, then enabling a Game Switch or some other way to make an Event Page active.  Thats great and all, but this makes things a lot simpler and does not eat up Game Switches or require additional work to make Pages become Active.

Features

• Fully unlocks Event Page Conditions, that is a pretty big feature
  • Evaluations can be Skipped if needed

Screenshots

No Screenshots
Demo

No demo, yet.

Script

Place above Main and below Scene_Debug / SDK (if used)
(click to show/hide)

Instructions

To add a Page Condition for an Event, simply put in a Comment followed by your Script Condition:

@>Comment: Condition: $game_player.direction == 2

To override Script Evaluation temporarily, add a \skip_eval Comment to that Event Page, which can be turned off later with a Script Call.  This is useful for Events whose Pages you don't want to change until the Event has finished doing what ever its doing.

**See Documentation for full explanation**

Compatibility

Seems to be pretty compatible with most scripts.  I tested it briefly with More Self-Switches and it seems to work just fine.  I did replace two Properties in RPG::Event::Page::Condition Objects with reader methods, which may cause some compatibility issues with other scripts.  Since this script appears to be almost unique, I doubt it will cause too many issues.

Credits and Thanks

• I'd like to thank my lawn for not being emo and not cutting itself.

Author's Notes

This is more of an Event Add-on, as it enhances the functionality of Events, but might also qualify as an Environment Add-on.

Anything that can be scripted can be evaluated.  That being said, the evaluations may not fit in the Comment Box.  This can be easily resolved with custom Methods.  If you need help with creating a Custom Condition, feel free to ask any Scripter.

NOTE: All Evaluations should evaluate to true / false.  Don't forget to leave off the word "if" in your evaluations.  Use "$foo == $bar" instead of "if $foo == $bar".
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 11:17:28 AM by Heretic86 »
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Offline LiTTleDRAgo

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 517
    • View Profile
    • ~
Re: [XP] Heretic's Unlimited Event Page Conditions
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 07:39:26 AM »
kinda similar to mine but I think yours was more compatible friendly since I more focused to cross engine :P

Offline Heretic86

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 33
    • View Profile
Re: [XP] Heretic's Unlimited Event Page Conditions
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 10:00:30 AM »
They may both have their places.  I avoided any dependencies, but yours is also multi platform.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)