Started by Jaiden, November 06, 2017, 01:42:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaiden

November 06, 2017, 01:42:43 pm Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:15:33 am by Jaiden

Version 2.3b demo is released! Download: RMN Itch.io

CURRENT PROJECT COMPLETION: ~15%

SYNOPSIS
Spoiler: ShowHide

Legends of Astravia is a story-driven, puzzle-based RPG inspired by classic Super Nintendo games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, and the Legend of Zelda.

It was originally created for the IGMC 2017 contest, but what was supposed to be a small game turned out to become the introduction to an epic RPG.

The game starts off in the small town of Mordin Village, bordered by forests and swamps on the western edge of Astravia. After being rescued by the local swordsman, Baldric, you find yourself at a loss for any of your past memories. Under the assumption you were a courier from the city of Valica to the east, you decide to prepare for your venture there, with hope that the familiar environment will help you regain your memory.

However, your plans quickly change when you discover a member of Mordin Village is in danger...

FEATURES

• Fast-paced "Action Timed Battle" system that relies on strong decision making.
  • Multiple party members with individual combat styles
  • Unique skill system inspired by "Materia"
  • Plenty of monsters, but avoidable combat encounters for flexible play styles.
  • Various dungeons, caves, and towns to explore with unique puzzles and characters.
  • Various side-quests with special rewards.
  • Crafting / Extraction / Enchantment system for weapons, equipment, and items.
  • Dynamic lighting, weather, and a fully-functional day / night cycle.

SCREENSHOTS

CHARACTERS

Oliver

The protagonist of our story. Once a former courier of Valica City, he found himself in Mordin Village after being attacked in the swamps bordering the small town. Struck with amnesia after the attack, he remembers little besides his own name.

Though somewhat weak-willed, his perseverance is unmatched when met with a task. During his time in Mordin Village, the local swordsman Baldric offered him a home and trained him in the ways of combat. Oliver hopes to return to Valica City to gain hints in restoring his memory.

His plans begin to change, however, on the day strange happenings take place in Mordin Swamp. A revelation forces him into an adventure that spans the plains of Astravia.

Baldric

Baldric is a rather boisterous swordsman living in Mordin Village. He rescued Oliver from Mordin Swamp one day, setting the framework for Oliver's journey. As Oliver's trainer, he teaches him the basics of combat and prepares for his journey back to Valica.

Baldric seems a bit rough around the edges, but his will is unmatched--almost to the point of stubborn recklessness. His skills as a swordsman are surrounded by a mysterious past...one that perhaps will come back to haunt him.

Lina

Lina is Baldric's wife, whose soft-spoken personality is a direct contrast to her husband. She stands by and supports Baldric and the other village members with a strong heart, and offers level-headed guidance and wisdom in even the worst situations.

Sarina

A member of the Royal Order of Knights in Valica, Sarina is not a girl who stands by cultural standards. She joins Oliver on his journey not long after his visit to Valica City, with a desire to strengthen her abilities and protect the city from which she was born.

STORY INTRODUCTION

Over a century ago, a horrific, apocalyptic event known as the Great Cataclysm threatened to wipe out the world of Astravia.

Upon the brink of destruction, two heroes used their magical prowess to stop it, then vanished--overwhelmed by the power needed to stop the Great Cataclysm. The people of Astravia hailed their sacrifice, and for a while peace among Astravians was found.

However, this peace did not last. Tension began to grow and a massive civil war erupted between the major kingdoms.
The kingdoms battled for strength and power, resulting in the deaths of many.
The war eventually ended, but it bred hatred and malice...

A malicious necromancer, fueled by the pain of war, began to spread dark energy and summon demonic creatures all across Astravia.
With no heroes to save the world this time, who will stop him?

WORLD MAP

Astravia is a big world, with the three major continents--Valica, Anatas, and Helic.

• Valica is the principle kingdom, governing the largest portion of the main land mass, including the provinces of Mordin and Aldwell.
  • Anatas is the second largest, with the inclusion of the small province of Bymere.
  • Helic is a remote kingdom, with its people accustomed to the harsh weather of its icy tundra.

CURRENT GOALS/PROGRESS FOR V2.0

Completed!

CURRENT BUGS/ISSUES (V2.3)

Let's face it...it's not always easy to release a demo bug-free! I am always seeking feedback, but here is what is currently known (and being fixed for the next update!)

• None...yet.

DOWNLOAD

Download from RPGMaker.net: Link
Download from Itch.io: Link

Love the project? You can donate to me via Patreon, when downloading on itch.io, or directly via PayPal.
Every bit counts, thank you so much for your support!

I typically make most of my updates on itch.io, including weekly devlogs (which I will begin linking here).
You can also follow me on Twitter for updates and occasional easter eggs and progress images I don't post anywhere else.

Want to contact me privately? You can PM here, but I may not see it. Feel free to message me on Discord (Jaiden#5195), or email me directly.

Jaiden

The first major demo is available. It's almost a completely different game from the first one.

From here, I will be making some minor updates periodically, hopefully with less space between them like this 3-month update!

Jaiden

Updated main post--a bit more organized now.

Blizzard

You should update the original post if you haven't already.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Jaiden

The game has been updated to version 2.3! There are a ton of updates to this new version, check out the full release notes and download the game here! The new demo is about ~3 hours long.