Author Topic: another help for ocarina of time lol  (Read 2092 times)

Offline punk_Blood

• Awakened Visionist
  • LV: 0
    • View Profile
    • Rpg Maker Fun
another help for ocarina of time lol
« on: August 02, 2010, 12:25:25 AM »
is there anyway that i can have a system like the giant's knife? like you use it once and the thing breaks?
i am using blizz-abs btw
just because im dead doesnt mean that i cant be alive

Offline WhiteRose

• Trying to code in Ruby
  • Lexima Warrior
  • LV: 127
  • <3
    • View Profile
Re: another help for ocarina of time lol
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 01:22:28 AM »
is there anyway that i can have a system like the giant's knife? like you use it once and the thing breaks?
i am using blizz-abs btw

I don't think that would be particularly difficult; a simple script should do the trick.

Offline KRoP

• Awakened Visionist
    • View Profile
    • I have none >_>
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 03:14:25 AM »
You should be able to do it without a script, actually.

Set a combo for the weapon/item/armor.  In the combo, use the Change Equipment command and set the player's weapon to none.  Then remove the weapon from the player's inventory.  I haven't played ocarina of time, though, so if there's something I'm missing or you have a question about it, let me know. o:

Offline Spaceman McConaughey

• Legit Poo Poo Man
  • Lexima Warrior
  • LV: 46
  • muh murph
    • View Profile
    • Titties, titties, and more titties!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 03:33:09 AM »
To make it more accurate, set it to a broken version of it.

Offline punk_Blood

• Awakened Visionist
    • View Profile
    • Rpg Maker Fun
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 05:27:32 AM »
like what do you mean by that? how would i get about doing it? attacking an enemy, still doing damage, but losing the sword in the process... or rather change graphic after used to a broken version then not letting me use it

i cant figure it out...
just because im dead doesnt mean that i cant be alive

Offline SBR*

• Chaos User
  • LV: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 11:48:16 AM »
like what do you mean by that? how would i get about doing it? attacking an enemy, still doing damage, but losing the sword in the process... or rather change graphic after used to a broken version then not letting me use it

i cant figure it out...

As far as I remember, you can use it like 100 times, right? Or is that only with the Razor of MM? Well, if you can use it an X amount of times, make this common event:

(click to show/hide)

Offline WhiteRose

• Trying to code in Ruby
  • Lexima Warrior
  • LV: 127
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 06:28:37 PM »

i cant figure it out...

As far as I remember, you can use it like 100 times, right? Or is that only with the Razor of MM? Well, if you can use it an X amount of times, make this common event:

(click to show/hide)

The problem with that is that it would count the swing even if you didn't hit anything, which isn't how the giant's knife works - you have to hit something for it to count.

Offline Spaceman McConaughey

• Legit Poo Poo Man
  • Lexima Warrior
  • LV: 46
  • muh murph
    • View Profile
    • Titties, titties, and more titties!
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 07:05:08 PM »

i cant figure it out...

From what I remember, you can still kill stuff with a broken Giant's Knife; it's just a pain in the ass to use.

Offline SBR*

• Chaos User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 08:05:11 PM »

i cant figure it out...

From what I remember, you can still kill stuff with a broken Giant's Knife; it's just a pain in the ass to use.

Hmmmm, could be? But how strong is it then? 1? (I think 1 Is the common term used for the Kokori Sword's damage)

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • LV: 651
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
    • You're already on it. (-_-')
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 08:18:53 PM »
Kokiri Sword does 2 damage actually. Depending on the enemy, you will need to hit him four times with a specific item while the Master Sword takes one which is twice as strong as Kokiri Sword.

Also, one Heart equals 8 HP. It's been like that since Zelda 3 as far as I know and maybe even earlier. A 20 Heart container equals 160 in actual value. You might notice that actually working the same way if you consider that in Ocarina of Time you can get a quarter of a Heart damage and that there is a blessing from a Fairy Queen that halves damage. You really need 2 hits then to lose a quarter of a Heart. I just had no idea until recently that this type of counting health has been used since A Link to the Past.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze      King of Booze: Never Ever      Pet Bots
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android      Pet Bots for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS      Pet Bots for iOS
Drinking Game on Steam

Quote from: winkio
I do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney Stinson
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Offline SBR*

• Chaos User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 08:24:23 PM »
Kokiri Sword does 2 damage actually. Depending on the enemy, you will need to hit him four times with a specific item while the Master Sword takes one which is twice as strong as Kokiri Sword.

Also, one Heart equals 8 HP. It's been like that since Zelda 3 as far as I know and maybe even earlier. A 20 Heart container equals 160 in actual value. You might notice that actually working the same way if you consider that in Ocarina of Time you can get a quarter of a Heart damage and that there is a blessing from a Fairy Queen that halves damage. You really need 2 hits then to lose a quarter of a Heart. I just had no idea until recently that this type of counting health has been used since A Link to the Past.

Yeah, you're right! (Of course you are O.o) I haven't played OoT for too long... Luckily, there's going to be an OoT for the 3DS :P!