Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: Calintz on June 05, 2009, 05:30:17 am

Title: [RMXP]Call Script Event Command
Post by: Calintz on June 05, 2009, 05:30:17 am
Does the call script command on the 3rd page of the event system have limitations, or can you write any code to be executed here??

**For instance, if I created an NPC on the map and set him to create a command window when you talked to him, could I use the call script command to execute this, or would I need to call a scene??

**Could I just write ...
@commands = Command_Window.new
or whatever syntax creates a command window. Would the window actually be created, or would there be an error??
Title: Re: [RMXP]Call Script Event Command
Post by: Blizzard on June 05, 2009, 06:14:35 am
This won't work. Using script calls is good for execution of simple commands, not of looping stuff. If you want variating multiple choices, it's best you get a script for this since there already is one.
Title: Re: [RMXP]Call Script Event Command
Post by: Calintz on June 05, 2009, 05:26:55 pm
I see ...
Well, this was a simple question.

Thank you Blizzard.
Title: Re: [RMXP]Call Script Event Command
Post by: Sally on June 06, 2009, 12:32:24 am
i think that we should make a thread where people can post their callscript commands to help people out. we can make a long list of stuff.
Title: Re: [RMXP]Call Script Event Command
Post by: Calintz on June 07, 2009, 05:32:16 am
New Question
Is there a syntax that I can use in the Call Script command that will allow me to freeze the player's movement completely, while at the same time allowing me to use conditional branches to assign different uses to those arrow keys??

Edit
We can scratch this ... I found a way around it using variables.
Title: Re: [RMXP]Call Script Event Command
Post by: Seox on June 19, 2009, 11:21:08 am
Quote from: Calintz on June 07, 2009, 05:32:16 am
New Question
Is there a syntax that I can use in the Call Script command that will allow me to freeze the player's movement completely, while at the same time allowing me to use conditional branches to assign different uses to those arrow keys??

Edit
We can scratch this ... I found a way around it using variables.


Would you perchance mind releasing this? I've been looking for the same thing, myself, for mission select screens which DON'T change the scene.