[RESOLVED] How to get a new skill when accessory is equipped.

Started by Hixomdido, January 07, 2011, 02:34:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hixomdido

January 07, 2011, 02:34:58 pm Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:17:22 pm by Starrodkirby86
     OK, so in my game (I'm a very beginner) I want to be able to equip animals instead of Accessories. (I think it's pretty unique) Ex: Horse boosts Speed and whatnot.
    I was trying to make an animal 'Venomous Snake' that allows a skill 'Snake Bite' to the actor that equips it.
Ive got a pretty good idea how the Conditional Branches work but no matter how I set it up, I can't get Snake bite to appear in the Skills Menu during a Test Battle.
Any help?

Also, I want to have a skill 'Shuriken Throw' that is only available to a certain type of Class 'Ninja' and subtracts 1 item 'Shuriken' from the inventory.
Any help is greatly appreciated.   :)

WhiteRose

Both of those are features of Tons of Add-Ons, which you can find here:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,105.0.html

In particular, the Add-Ons you'll want to enable are Actor Specific Item Usability and EQUAP Skills.
Good luck!

Hixomdido

Thank you for your help and very quick reply.   :D

Hixomdido

Ok, I've copy/pasted these into the scripts. I don't see any changes in the program..... So what do I need to use these add-ons?  :huh:
Sorry for my total cluelessness btw.  :^_^':

Starrodkirby86

Each Part has a Configuration section that allows you to turn on or off certain things.

Turn on Actor Specific Item Usability and EQUAP by setting them to "true". ( If you're in a rush to find them, just Ctrl+F a bit :V: )

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Hixomdido

Hixomdido

I've run into another problem,  :<_<:
On line 1847 of the second add-ons script (EQUAP stuff), the instructions say to 'edit this method for custom equipment support'.
What exactly do I need to edit it to?
This scripting language is pretty much Greek to me.  :P
Thanks.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Hixomdido on January 07, 2011, 04:50:40 pm
I've run into another problem,  :<_<:
On line 1847 of the second add-ons script (EQUAP stuff), the instructions say to 'edit this method for custom equipment support'.
What exactly do I need to edit it to?
This scripting language is pretty much Greek to me.  :P
Thanks.

Don't worry about that; that's in case you're using a script that changes what types of items are equipped (it could add slots for boots, gloves, extra accessories, etc.) If you don't have a script like that, you can just leave it as it is.

Hixomdido

So then everything should be working properly, but the skill still won't show up in the Test Battle.  :(
I don't see any reason why not unless there's supposed to be a Common Event linked with the skill.
I don't have one. Should I? And if so, What might it look like?
Sorry again for my intensifying lack of knowhow.

Starrodkirby86

First, check again if you have the correct weapon/armor set to EQUAP.

If the ID of my Venomous Snake weapon is 24, and Snake Bite's skill ID is 13, then I need to have the script code like this in the EQ Database:

if weapon
     case id
     when 24 # weapon ID
       skill_ids.push(13) # EQUAP skill ID

Make sure the game is saved too. There's times I just click OK on the script editor, go into Test Battle, and confuse myself seeing that there's no effect there.

Also, try testing in game too. Just make a dummy event that gives you the Venomous Snake, get the player to equip it, then make another dummy event that launches a battle encounter.

I guess what I'm saying is, just double check your work and try other methods of testing. xD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Hixomdido

Thank you! I just needed to save the project.  :^_^':
This community is amazing! Truly one of a kind.

Starrodkirby86

It's what we do. <3

I guess it's truly Resolved now. xD

Best of luck on your project. You're free to also post your project if you think you've made enough progress and such. o: Don't hesitate to ask any further questions. :)

Hixomdido

I'm sure I will have more questions. :^_^':

As for my game, Ive made no progress pertaining to the actual game-play. I'm trying to get all these skills and the battle system sorted out first.
But when I've got a bit of the story thought up and all the events written, I'll definitely upload it.

Blizzard

Oh, and please use the "Modify" option instead of double posting. When the last post in a topic is edited, the topic is marked as unread.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Hixomdido